Cumberland County Library normally maintains 11 adult public computers (all connected to the Internet) open all hours the library is open. Four (4) dedicated children’s computers (one not connected to the Internet) are available, provided parental or guardian approval has been verified.
General Policy Statement
The general public computing area is designed for use by individuals 13 years or older. Children under the age of 13 are to use the public computers in the children’s area.
The Cumberland County Library provides access to the Internet and other electronic resources to further our mission of providing information and educational resources to our community.
The Internet is an unregulated medium which may contain different kinds of materials, some of which may be of an offensive nature. In offering Internet access, the library staff cannot control or assure responsibility for:
- Access points reached
- The content of interactive communications such as e-mail, newsgroups, list-servs, blogs, etc.
- The validity of information
- Accessibility due to technical difficulties or Internet reliability
Parents or guardians must assume responsibility for their children’s use of the Internet and the Cumberland County Library Local Area Network. Parents are encouraged to watch their children as they use these resources. Information on Internet safety for children is available via the Center for Missing and Exploited Children online @ https://www.missingkids.org/netsmartz.
- Users are required to sign in to use the Internet with a library card and PIN number or a visitor’s pass.
- Users are not allowed to sign in for others.
- Display of sexually explicit graphics is discouraged
- Display or transmission of profane, abusive or threatening language is prohibited
- Violating any local, state, or federal statute is prohibited, including the N.J. State Statute on obscenity, commonly known as 2C:24-4
- Word processing is available for the public to use on all computers.
ANY USER VIOLATING THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE ASKED TO STOP. IF THE VIOLATION CONTINUES AFTER A WRITTEN WARNING IS ISSUED, THE USER WILL FORFEIT THE RIGHT TO USE THE COMPUTERS AT THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY LIBRARY.
ADULTS USING THE INTERNET ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING CHILDREN ACCOMPANYING THEM.
Last Updated on Monday, 05 October 2015 17:19